How to help during #ABFLOOD
Here's how you can help our community:
- The City of Calgary is asking people to help accommodate friends and family who've been evacuated. Otherwise, please stay away from evacuation zones and from waterways
- If you own a marine boat of some kind and can help High River RCMP, please contact them as soon as possible. 403-652-2357
- The Canadian Red Cross is accepting financial donations. Visit: http://www.redcross.ca
- The Alberta SPCA is advising animal owners in the affected areas to take extra precautions to ensure the safety of their animals. All animals should be kept away from swollen streams and rivers. Livestock should be moved to higher ground, where they may need to be supplied with extra feed and drinking water. If you see an animal in distress, please call the Alberta SPCA at 1-800-455-9003
- From the Town of Canmore: Many of the initial people who were evacuated this morning went to a friend or family member's house. We want to register everyone who has been evacuated so that we know where home owners are. We are asking everyone who has left their homes to email the Town at email@example.com and to tell us: Their address & where they are staying now
- The M.D. of Foothills has now established a new EOC location at the Heritage Pointe Firehall. The new contact numbers for the EOC are: 403-603-8884 or 403-336-0740 or 403-312-2602
- The public are being warned to stay way from any water source. Streamflows are very fast with a lot of debris. Please do not endanger yourself or first responders - if you are in a Mandatory Evacuation zone - leave your property immediately and seek higher ground.
- ALBERTA EMERGENCY ALERT:
For updates on the Alberta Emergency Alert System go to: www.emergencyalert.alberta.ca
- EMERGENCY NOTICE: If you or someone you know is in the evacuation areas around southern Alberta due to flooding and are in need of temporary housing for your pets, please contact AARCS at 403-250-7377 during business hours or 403-869-4694 after hours.
- Facebook: High River Flood Support page
- If you can volunteer in Nanton, call 403-422-0190.
- All those evacuated in #yycflood need a place to crash, so if you can help post it to #yychelps Great way to help your fellow Calgarians!
Article courtesy of the http://www.cbc.ca/calgary/community/mt/2013/06/how-to-help-during-abflood.html
Twitter Link https://twitter.com/search?q=%23abflood&src=tyah
Calgary Board of Education http://www.cbe.ab.ca/new/spotlights1213/130620_schools_closed_due_to_flooding.asp